Thursday, February 9, 2012

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

What a find!  Yesterday I found a new place to shop called Green Table Gifts in Chandler, Arizona.  Met the store owner, Patty, who was fabulous.  The shop is half vintage and half repurposed itemsaaw, all updated with Annie Sloan chalk paint.  Aren't the slipcover shirts darling?  They are shirts or blouses trimmed to fit the seatbacks, pockets and all.

 

My daughter Jenny has had her eye on finding some of this paint for a while.  I happened to be vacationing in Arizona, did a Google search, and voil-la!

 

Patty knows all about the paint and gave me a demonstration using the newest color called Antoinette...a very pale pink.  She had painted a fancy dresser with it, didn't look like much until she added the magical wax, Annie Sloan wax, of course.  And, it truly was magical.  The paint gained depth and texture.  Beautiful.  I was hooked.

 

Biggest problem was...what color.  So, I picked out several, way more than I planned on!  Had to have the waxes too.  Can't wait to get home and start painting.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment