Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday Goodness

Today has been a pretty great day, I must say! 

Kris Kringle's tree farm has had many eager customers today ready to begin another year of holiday memories. The warming shed smells of fresh pine, candy canes, cider, and Christmas cookies. Trees, wreaths, and roping have been flying out of there all day today...and yes...some of our repurposed vintage farm windows have made it off the wall and into warm holiday homes across the Cedar Valley. If you get a chance, go out and visit the farm.  It's located on Highway 218 just a couple miles north of Cedar Falls (intersection of Hwy 218 and Bennington Rd). They have a fire for making s'mores,
Christmas music, and Santa! 
It truly is a special place run by special people.

Speaking of pictures...junk.revised. braved the Black Friday madness and purchased a NEW CAMERA today! Now if I can just figure out how to use it!  Here's my first picture...my beloved pig named Kevin....(long story on how he got named). 
Pretty good, huh?  
Hopefully the Canon T3 will bring lots of goodness to our blog.  


Well...I'm off to Farrell's to get a workout in...time to start working off the Thanksgiving poundage!  I plan to take the new camera to the tree farm this weekend.  I will post pics then. 
We'll talk soon - Jen 

No comments:

Post a Comment